Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sometimes I think about the mundaneness of life. People appear and disappear like bubbles. When I saw an obituary of my neighbor, whom I knew quite well, I was overwhelmed… Man, where is he now??? I can remember his face, attitude, the way he moved, how he talked in his distinctive hoarse voice, how he smiled, answered my “Good morning”. But now he is gone. I will never ever see him… Never, never NEVER!!! The same thing is with my aunt. She died so suddenly. She just got sick and left this world. My uncle, as the closest person to her, was sunk into deep mourning, nothing was of interest to him, life stopped having any sense. He wanted to go after her, and he was totally depressed, and numb with despair, knowing that this moment has not yet come, and no one knows how long does he have to wait for it.
Fortunately, he found refuge in prayer, in the faith that they will meet each other again after his death. You never know about this, that you’ll see the person again after death, but the fact that he soothed his pain in the spiritual aspect of life is just fascinating!!! For his other relatives, he became a boring drag, even a nutcase, who keeps on talking about God, about death, and heaven. But he is bursting with energy! He’s laughing, lives his internal life, his point of view of the worries of the world has changed. One can say that he’s already halfway on the other side, he doesn’t care who is going to be the next president of Poland, if the oil is up or down, how is the euro to Polish zloty etc.
It is very important to have your internal life, which will help you protect yourself from the most unwanted situations which occur even if we really don’t want them.
I don’t want to hear anyone say that there is no God, that God is just a fiction for good children, that God is old-fashioned. Without God, nothing can keep in order, without His presence, you cannot explain many things that we don’t understand. Faith in Him inspires, helps one come out from the deepest regions of fear, depressions or pain; every refuge that one may experience from these things is a proof to His existence. Those who know that God exists – know what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment